Dreaming of a holiday escape to the enchanting winter wonderland of New York City? The Big Apple truly comes alive during the festive season, with dazzling lights, bustling shopping districts, and a one-of-a-kind charm that's simply irresistible.
But New York City is often synonymous with high expenses. The allure of the city can tempt you to spend extravagantly, leaving you with post-trip regrets. Fret not, as we've uncovered five fantastic NYC deals that will help you make the most of your visit without breaking the bank.
These deals are all offered through Macaroni KID's partner site, CertifiKID, an e-commerce platform that offers discounts on family-friendly activities, shows, events, attractions, and more!
1. Save on sightseeing
We have two great ways to save on sightseeing — by land or by river:
On a Circle Line Sightseeing cruise, you’ll cruise along all three NYC rivers, pass under 20 bridges and see over 130 of the city’s most iconic landmarks including the full Manhattan skyline, the impressive One World Trade Center, the growing Brooklyn waterfront, the legendary Yankee Stadium, beautiful Gracie Mansion, the stately George Washington Bridge and, of course, an up close look at the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island!
Big Bus New York offers the perfect way to see all the fantastic attractions the Big Apple has to offer. Take in the world-famous landmarks, such as the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Central Park and more. The open-top Big Bus Tour is the most enjoyable and convenient way to see New York. Connecting East to West. Discover 12+ key points of interest all around dazzling New York, and give the kids a break from walking.
Rich Vintage | Canva
2. Find free and cheap local events
The best way to find cheap and free things to do in New York City? Check out a local Macaroni KID site! Our publishers know where to find the best free and cheap events for families near them and list it all on their calendar of events. Check out these Macaroni KID sites in NYC:
- NYC Upper East Side
- NYC Upper West Side
- Lower Manhattan-Downtown
- Brookyln NW
- Bayside - Northeast Queens
3. Take in a show or visit an attraction
There is so much to choose from in New York City, from Broadway to amazing museums and attractions. Make sure to search CertifiKID for NYC deals before paying full price! Here are just a few of the deals available on CertifiKID now for family-friendly New York City shows and attractions:
- Save more than 20% at the New York Aquarium in Brooklyn
- Save more than 20% at the Museum of Modern Art
- Save on tickets to Aladdin on Broadway
- Save on tickets to Hamilton on Broadway
And that's just to start! Search CertifiKID for the show or attraction you're interested in — you can find more deals on everything from Back to the Future on Broadway to a visit to the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum.
4. Take the kids to a one-of-a-kind candy experience
Did someone say CANDY?!?! Cricket’s Candy Creations is a unique multi-sensory experience where creators of all ages can craft edible candy art while immersed in a variety of candy-themed activities designed to be a one-of-a-kind outlet for exploration, visualization, creativity, and fun! Enjoy this SWEET CertifiKID deal for Cricket's VIP "Cherry on Top" experience, which includes all five of the following candy creation stations PLUS an extra special apron or tote bag decorating session!
5. Get a bird's eye view of the Big Apple
There's nothing like visiting one of the amazing sky high overlooks in New York City. We have FOUR ways to save on an up high experience your family won't forget:
- Save 25% on tickets to visit the Empire State Building. Visit the world's most famous building! The Empire State Building is a must-see for its Observatory’s spectacular indoor and outdoor 360-degree views from the heart of Manhattan.
- Save more than 20% on tickets to SUMMIT One Vanderbilt Experience. Step into the three levels of SUMMIT, multi-sensory immersive experiences at the top of One Vanderbilt. You'll travel through several immersive experiences including a sky box where you can step out onto transparent glass 1,070 feet above Madison Avenue.
- Save more than 15% on tickets to the Edge at Hudson Yards. The Edge at Hudson Yards is the highest outdoor sky deck in the Western Hemisphere, with a one-of-a-kind design. It’s suspended in mid-air, giving you the feeling of floating in the sky with 360-degree views you can’t get anywhere else.
- Save more than 20% on tickets to Rise NY. Get ready to fall in love with New York all over again at Rise NY. You'll experience an immersive film by award-winning documentarian Ric Burns, explore museum-style galleries that transport you through the city’s expansive pop culture evolution, and fly over the iconic skyline on a soaring ride that suspends you 30 feet in the air! Get ready to fall in love with New York all over again at Rise NY.